The first thing we want to do when we get our Sennheiser headphones is to try them out as soon as possible. In order to do it we need to know how to pair Sennheiser headphones with our device. In this article, we are going to cover the steps required to pair your Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones with Android and Apple devices, and Windows and Mac powered computers.
So, let’s begin!
Table of Contents
How To Pair Sennheiser Headphones Step By Step
- STEP 1: Activate pairing mode
- STEP 2: Discover the headphones on your device
- STEP 3: Now Confirm that pairing was successful
- Final Thoughts
How To Pair Sennheiser Headphones Step By Step
The steps we need to take in order to pair our Sennheiser headphone with our device can be divided into two sections. The first one is to activate pairing mode on our Sennheiser headphones and the other is to put our device into discovery mode. When we do these two steps the devices will connect and we will be able to enjoy our music or podcasts or whatever.
STEP 1: Activate pairing mode
Before you activate the pairing mode, make sure that the headphones and the device you are pairing them with are close enough (around 20cm distance is OK).
If you haven’t paired the headphones and your device before, the headphones will be into pairing mode the moment you turn them on.
However, if this doesn’t happen, you need to turn off the headphones. Then press the Power button and hold it for 4-5 seconds until you hear “Power ON!” followed by a beeping audio signal. The LED light will also start blinking blue and red and this is a sign that your Sennheiser headphones are into pairing mode.
STEP 2: Discover the headphones on your device
Now it’s time to find our Sennheiser headphones on the device we are trying to connect them to. If you have the Sennheiser HD 4.40BT wireless headphones, you will see them on your device as HD 4.40BT.
NOTE: If you are requested to enter a PIN code during the pairing process you can type “0000”. This is the default PIN code.
How To Pair Sennheiser Headphones With Android
First, let us explain how to discover your Sennheiser headphones on your Android smartphone. It won’t take long.
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen with your finger and tap on the settings icon.
- Click on Bluetooth. In case it is OFF you need to activate the Bluetooth connection.
- Give your smartphone some time to discover the Sennheiser headphones.
- When the smartphone finds them, you will see HD 4.40BT or something similar, depending on the model in the Available devices section.
- Tap on HD 4.40BT and your device and the headphones should pair. You will be notified when the pairing is successful- the LED light will blink three times and you will hear “Connected!“.
How To Pair Sennheiser Headphones With iPhone
The steps to pair your Sennheiser headphones with an iPhone are pretty similar. The only difference would be how to reach the Bluetooth section.
- Unlock the iPhone and tap on the Settings icon on the screen.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon. If it isn’t activated, please activate it.
- The MY DEVICES list will open and under it there is a section named OTHER DEVICES. Here you should see HD 4.40BT.
- Tap on HD 4.40BT and your Sennheiser headphones should pair with your iPhone.
- Just like pairing with Android devices, you will hear “Connected!” and you will see the LED light blink three times.
How To Pair Sennheiser Headphones On Windows 10
Pairing your Sennheiser headphones with a Windows 10 powered machine is simple and straightforward. There are a few more steps compared to Android and iOS devices, but nothing too complicated.
- Check whether you have a Bluetooth icon in the taskbar next to the date and time. If there is, move the mouse pointer to the icon and right-click on it. Select Add a Bluetooth device.
- In case you don’t see the Bluetooth icon, it generally means that Bluetooth isn’t active on your computer. So, Press the Windows logo button and the letter S on the keyboard. The Search bar will open. Type Bluetooth and hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Activate Bluetooth in the new window and find “Add Bluetooth or other device”. Click the plus (+) sign next to it.
- Click on Bluetooth and you will see HD 4.40BT in a few seconds. Click on Connect.
How To Pair Sennheiser Headphones On MacOS
If you want to pair your Sennheiser headphones to your MacBook, you are in the right place.
- First you need to activate Bluetooth. You can also click on the options button and if Bluetooth is enabled, the icon will be blue.
- If activated, click on Bluetooth and then on Bluetooth preferences.
- You should see all the available devices. Find HD 4.40BT and click Connect.
- Once connected, you should see Connected written under HD 4.40BT.
- Play a song to test the connection.
STEP 3: Now Confirm that pairing was successful
Besides the LED light indication and hearing “Connected!”, the best way to confirm that the pairing was a success is to play your favorite music on your device. Now you can truly enjoy the sound quality your Sennheiser headphones are ready to offer.
Now you know how to pair Sennheiser headphones with various devices. The next time you activate pairing, your device and headphones should pair automatically. However, if you want to disconnect the headphones from your device you need to do it from your device. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Lost Connection!” when that happens.
How to clear a paired Bluetooth device?
First you need to activate pairing mode on your headphones as described above. After that press the Power button and the multi-function button at the same time and hold them for 4-5 seconds. When you see that the LED light on your headphones blinks three times, it is a sign that your headphones are now permanently disconnected from all devices.
Sennheiser headphones won’t pair automatically. What now?
- Check whether Bluetooth is activated on your device. If it isn’t, activate it and try again.
- Your device is turned off. Turn it on and try again.
- If pairing doesn’t work you need to check whether HFP or HSP Bluetooth profiles are supported by your smartphone.