It is a very frustrating feeling when your Beats Solo 3 won’t turn on or charge. Many users of these headphones have experienced these issues before.
In this article we are going to talk about things that can cause these problems and some of the methods we can do to fix these issues.
Table of Contents
- Why Are My Beats Solo 3 Not Charging Or Turning On?
- What To Do If Beats Solo 3 Won’t Turn On Or Charge?
- Restart Beats Solo 3
- Force Reset Beats Solo 3
- Update The Firmware
- Remove Or Replace A Faulty Battery
- Fix The Power Button
- Contact The Customer Support
Why Are My Beats Solo 3 Not Charging Or Turning On?
Some of the things that may be causing this issue are the following:
- a faulty battery
- a faulty charger
- water and sweat damage
What To Do If Beats Solo 3 Won’t Turn On Or Charge?
There are a variety of ways we can resolve these problems you could be facing while using Beats Solo 3 headphones. We are going to talk about some methods for fixing these problems.
Note : Use the micro USB cable that was included in the packaging with your Beats Solo 3.
If your Beats Solo 3 won’t turn on or charge – you can try on of these following methods
Restart Beats Solo 3
The first possible and the easiest solution to this problem is restarting your Beats Solo 3.
Just follow these steps in order to restart your headphones:
- Press and hold the power button until you see that the indication light has turned off (about 10 seconds)
- Now press and hold the power button again for a couple of second in order to turn on your headphones
- If they have turned on – connect them to the charger. See whether they are charging now
Hopefully this method has resolved your issue.
In case the problem has not been fixed, try this next method.
Force Reset Beats Solo 3
If simply resetting the Beats Solo 3 did not fix your problems, it may be a good idea to give your headphones a force reset.
In order to do this just follow these steps:
- Fully charge and turn on your headphones
- Press and hold the power button and the volume up button on your Beats Solo 3 for 5 to 10 seconds
- Release the button when you see that the Fuel Gauge LED light starts flashing
You should have successfully completed the force reset on your Beats Solo 3
Update The Firmware
If the previous steps have not answered the question why your Beats Solo 3 won’t turn on or charge – updating the firmware may be the solution for your problems.
In order to find and download the correct firmware just visit the official Beats by Dre website and find your appropriate firmware by navigating to the top right part of your screen and clicking on the Support tab.
The steps for updating the firmware on your Beats Solo 3 are the following:
- Connect your Beats Solo 3 to a Mac or a PC
- Launch the updater application
- Now, under the primary menu select Status
- Select the Beats Solo 3 from the list of devices and click on Connect
- Follow the instructions shown on your screen to finish the updating process
Once you have finished updating the firmware, check to see if the issues have been fixed and try charging or turning on your Beats Solo 3 headphones.
Remove Or Replace A Faulty Battery
One of the possible reasons that Beats Solo 3 won’t turn on or charge is that you have a faulty battery.
There are two ways of fixing these problems. The methods are removing the battery and replacing the battery.
Removing The Battery
The steps for removing the battery are the following:
- Remove the battery from your headphones by removing the lid from the right side of your headphones and simply disconnect the battery by removing the connectors
- Leave the battery out of your headphones for 1 to 2 weeks
- Insert the battery back in your headphones
- Connect your Beats Solo 3 to charge using the charging cable included in the packing
Your Beats Solo 3 should now charge.
If this method does not fix your problem you can try replacing the battery.
Replacing The Battery
If all other methods fail you can try replacing the battery on your Beats Solo 3.
You can check if the battery needs replacing by visually inspecting the battery after you have taken it out of the headphones.
If your battery is bulging in shape or has any type of liquid leaking out of it – you should definitely replace your battery.
Replacing the old battery with the new one is a step you can do by yourself or you can take your headphones to a registered Apple store and have them replace the battery for you.
In case you are replacing the battery by yourself, make sure that you are buying an original battery and make sure that you are putting the battery in the correct way.
Double check if the polarity is correctly aligned, which means that you make sure that the plus and minus signs on the battery are correctly placed with the manufacturing instructions.
Fix The Power Button
NOTE: Do this at your own risk. If you are not sure what you need to do, please ask Beats Repair & Service for help.
It is possible that your battery is working just fine, but your power button could be the thing that is causing this issue.
Before starting the process of repairing your power button you should check if your power button is loose and you can do this by visually inspecting it after you have opened the left part of your headphones.
If your power button is loose, you can do these steps in order to fix it:
- Locate the power button on your Beats Solo 3, it is usually found on the left earcup
- Remove the cushion from the left earbud by simply twisting it off by hand
- You should now see 3 screws which you should screw off using a screwdriver
- Press the power button from the internal side and put a drop of WD-40
- Reassemble all the parts just the way you took them off
Turn on your headphones by pressing and holding the power button and they should turn on.
Contact The Customer Support
If none of these methods resolved the problems you are having – you can contact the customer support by going to the official Beats by Dre website and contacting the customer support team.
Like all electronic devices, the Beats Solo 3 sometimes have trouble functioning properly. We hope that this step by step guide has helped you in figuring out why Beats Solo 3 won’t turn on or charge and we hope that you have fixed these problems.
We wish you a pleasant experience using the Beats Solo 3 headphones.