Apple Airpods are known to flash different lights in different situations. Having used this gadget for a while, you might have been familiar with other light colors. But when your Airpods are flashing orange lights, it may look strange and make you wonder – Why are my Airpods flashing orange? Perhaps, you are now convinced that there is a malfunction somewhere.
Hence, you are looking for a solution to the problem. Irrespective of what the cause of this error is, fixing it will enable you to start enjoying the soft soothing sound and comfortable design like you did before now.
Table of Contents
- What Does The Orange Flashing Lights On My Airpods Mean?
- How to Fix Apple Airpods Flashing Orange Lights?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Are My Airpods Flashing Orange? Final Thoughts
What Does The Orange Flashing Lights On My Airpods Mean?
Especially for new users, it could be hard to tell the meaning when your Airpods starts flashing orange lights for the first time. Even when you have used it for a while, the orange light might be confusing when you experience it for the first time. Below are the probable meanings.
Pairing Error – When the orange light is blinking, this means that your Apple Airpods are facing pairing error. In this case, simply resetting the gadget and pairing again will help you fix the problem. Read on to find out how to fix Apple Airpods flashing orange lights.
You’ve Got Fake Airpods – Yes, it is possible to buy fake Apple Airpods without noticing it. Unfortunately, this is the hardest problem to fix. But it is still possible.
How to Fix Apple Airpods Flashing Orange Lights?
Now you that know that pairing error is the exact problem, let’s look at how to fix it when your gadget is flashing orange lights.
- Open up your iPhone and go to Settings and Bluetooth
- Look for Airpods in your devices list
- Click the ‘i’ button next to your Airpods and choose ‘Forget This Device’
- The next action is to put your Airpods in their charging case
- Closed the lid when this is done
- Open the lid again
- On the back of the charging case, press and hold the setup button until the status light turns white. This light indicates that your devices are ready to be paired again.
When this is done, try reconnecting your Apirpods to the iPhone. Here are the steps to get it done.
- Bring your Airpods close to the iPhone
- Got to the home screen of your iPhone
- When the setup animation pops up, tap Connect and Done in the same sequence
Assuming you have previously made some custom settings for your Apple Airpods, you need to redo the them again after resetting your device. After trying and these solutions didn’t work for you, consider charging your Airpods, the charging case or both.
Within a few minutes, these steps might save you a trip to a local Apple Store. However, if you have to deal with fake Airpods, the only option is to go to a local store and have it confirmed by the experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop my Airpods from flashing amber?
The most common cause of this problem is pairing error. Even when it has been paired successfully before, a little shift might cause this problem to happen. To have it fixed with a few minutes, you can follow the guide in this post.
How do you get ear wax out Airpods Pro?
Remove the ear tips from each of the Airpod. Use warm water without adding soap and rinse the ear tips. Find a soft dry cloth to clean the ear tips. Make sure it is completely dry before putting it back.
Does Apple clean Airpods for free?
The answer is yes. In addition to this, they can also give advice on how to maintain your device for long life span.
Why Are My Airpods Flashing Orange? Final Thoughts
We hope that this article has given you an answer to the question – Why Are My Airpods Flashing Orange? Now when you know the possible reasons, it is easy to fix the problem. Let’s just hope it won’t happen again.